General Legal Disclaimer
This website is the official site of Western Copper and Gold Corporation and its subsidiary companies (herein referred to collectively as the “Company“). The information provided on this website is provided solely for the reader’s general knowledge. The information is not intended to be a comprehensive review of all matters and developments concerning the Company. The Company makes all reasonable efforts to update its corporate material and documentation on a timely basis.
All stock quotes are provided by servers maintained by individuals or organizations other than the Company. The Company makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or any other aspect of the information located on such servers and neither monitors or endorses such servers or their content.
This website and the information contained herein do not constitute an offer or the solicitation of an offer for the purchase of any securities of the Company. The information on this website is not intended in any way to qualify, modify or supplement any prospectus or other information disclosed under the corporate and securities legislation of any jurisdiction applicable to the Company. No securities commission or similar authority in Canada or the United States of American has in any way passed on the merits of any of the information contained on this website.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This website contains forward-looking statements or forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities legislation (hereinafter collectively referred to as “forward-looking statements”) concerning the plans of the Company for its properties, operations and other matters. These statements relate to analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results, estimates of amounts not yet determinable and assumptions of management.
Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, using words or phrases such as “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, “plans”, “estimates” or “intends”, or stating that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements contained in this website include statements with respect to:
- expectations regarding the potential mineralization and geological merits of the Company’s Casino Property;
- the Company’s goals regarding raising capital and conducting further exploration and development of its current projects;
- the Company’s proposed plans for drilling and other exploration and development work on its projects;
- expectations regarding the continuity of mineral deposits, including in relation to adjacent or other properties (including producing or past-producing properties) that are in the vicinity or same region as the Company’s projects;
- expectations regarding any environmental issues that may affect planned or future exploration programs;
- statements with respect to the future price of copper, gold and other metals;
- timing and completion of geological studies and reports;
- receipt and timing of permitting and other third party approvals; and
- governmental regulation of mineral exploration and development operations in the jurisdictions in which the Company’s projects are located.
Forward-looking statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those reflected in the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation:
- risks and uncertainties relating to the interpretation of drill results and other exploration data, and the geology, grade and continuity of mineral deposits;
- the possibility that future exploration results will not be consistent with the Company’s expectations;
- risks related to the ability to obtain financing needed to fund the exploration and development plans of the Company;
- market conditions and volatility and global economic conditions;
- risks related to the inherent uncertainty of exploration and development cost estimates and the potential for unexpected costs and expenses;
- risks related to copper, gold, base metal and other commodity price fluctuations;
- risks related to the availability of suitable drilling and other exploration equipment and personnel;
- risks related to metallurgical characteristics of any mineralization contained within the Company’s properties are yet to be fully determined, and could be a significant risk factor;
- changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined;
- risks related to disagreements with joint venture partners, if any, on how to conduct exploration activities, inability of joint venture partners to meet their obligations, and disputes or litigation between joint venture partners;
- mining and development risks, including risks related to accidents, equipment breakdowns, labour disputes or other unanticipated difficulties with or interruptions in the exploration and development process;
- the potential for delays in exploration or development activities;
- the potential for delays in completion of geological reports, or that the contents of geological reports will not be consistent with the Company’s expectations;
- risks related to environmental regulation and liability;
- risks associated with failure to maintain community and any applicable indigenous group acceptance, agreements, and permissions (generally referred to as “social licence”);
- competition and loss of key management and personnel;
- insurance and tax risks; and
- general risks and uncertainties related to the Company’s prospects, properties and business strategy.
These forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions which the Company believes are reasonable, including that:
- current copper, gold, base metal and other commodity prices will be sustained, or will improve, and global market conditions will stabilize;
- additional financing required by the Company will be available on reasonable terms;
- the presence and continuity of metals at the Casino Property at modeled grades;
- appropriate discount rates;
- tax rates and royalty rates applicable to the proposed mining operation;
- financing structure and costs;
- anticipated mining losses and dilution;
- all necessary government approvals and social licences necessary for the planned exploration and development of the Company’s mineral projects will be obtained in a timely manner and on terms acceptable to the Company;
- the Company will not experience any material accident, labour dispute or failure of plant or equipment or other material disruption in the Company’s planned exploration programs;
- exploration equipment and personnel will continue to be available on reasonable terms;
- key management and directors will continue to be retained by the Company;
- joint venture partners, if any, and other third parties will comply in all material respects with the terms of property option, joint venture agreements and/or other agreements to enable funding, exploration and advancement of the Company’s projects, and any required extensions by third parties of exploration expenditure or other deadlines under such agreements will be obtained by the Company on reasonable terms; and
- any proposed future development of the Company’s mineral projects will be viable operationally and economically and proceed as expected.
Assumptions relating to the potential mineralization on the Company’s projects are discussed in the most recent technical reports in respect thereof which are available under the Company’s profile on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
Some of the important risks and uncertainties that could affect forward-looking statements are also described in the Company’s continuous disclosure filings made with Canadian securities regulatory authorities, including in its Management’s Discussion and Analysis, which are available at the SEDAR website. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made based on management’s beliefs, estimates and opinions on the date the statements are made and the Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if these beliefs, estimates and opinions or other circumstances should change, other than as required by applicable laws. Investors are therefore cautioned against placing undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Additional risks and uncertainties not currently known to the Company, or that the Company currently deems to be immaterial, may also materially and adversely affect the Company’s business and prospects.
Scientific and Technical Information — National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”)
All scientific and technical information contained on this website in respect of the Company’s Casino property is derived from the Company’s most recent technical report dated May 2011 and entitled “NI 43-101 Technical Report Pre-Feasibility Study Update, Yukon Territory, Canada”. Scientific and technical information on this website regarding the Company’s Casino property is qualified by this technical report in its entirety, a copy of which is included on this website under the “Casino Project” heading and on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com. As noted elsewhere on this website, certain “qualified persons” who authored the Company’s technical report are responsible for the preparation of scientific and technical information in respect of certain aspects of the Company’s properties in accordance with NI 43-101.
In accordance with NI 43-101, the Company is only entitled to have one current technical report on a property at one time. Accordingly, the only current technical report on the Company’s Casino property is the foregoing technical report which replaces all previously filed technical reports. The other previously filed technical reports which are contained on this website are not the current technical report in respect of the Company’s Casino property and are included on this website for historical purposes and reference only.
All mineral resource or reserve estimates referred to on this website have been prepared in accordance with NI 43-101 and the Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (“CIM“) Classification system, incorporating economics and confidence level in reporting information. The terms “inferred mineral resource“, “indicated mineral resource“, “measured mineral resource” or “mineral reserve“, which may be used within this website, are Canadian mining terms, as defined under NI 43-101 in accordance with the guidelines set out in the CIM standards. These terms are not defined in accordance with United States standards and may not generally be used in documents filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC“) by U.S. companies. The CIM standards differ significantly from the requirements of the SEC, and descriptions of mineralization and resource information reported on this website may not be comparable to similar information report by U.S. companies. US investors are urged to consider closely the disclosure in the Company’s filings on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov/
Links to Other Web Sites
The Company’s website contains links to facilitate visitor access to third party sites. The Company does not control any third party site and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Company is providing such link to visitors only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement, review, investigation or verification of any kind whatsoever by the Company in respect of the linked site or any information contained therein.